Saturday, October 1, 2011

VeganMoFo - Pumpkin Spice Smoothie

Happy Vegan MoFo!!

To celebrate, I made you a delicious beverage!


Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
Blend! Drink!

I swear this smoothie is my genius brain child. I had this jar of pumpkin butter sitting around foreverrrrrr. Finally I used a tiny bit of it, but soon realized that I just wasn't going to finish it up in time and was afraid it would go bad. So I stuck it in the freezer. I forgot about it in there for a long time. A few days ago I was craving a different kind of smoothie, and with fall looming about, pumpkins must have been on my mind. I peered into the freezer and there was my answer. After defrosting in the fridge I knew this pumpkin butter was the key to my smoothie woes. Damn was I right!

Pumpkin butter is so perfect for a smoothie because it is spiced up nicely with all the right fall flavors and as an added bonus, mine did not contain any sugar. If you want your smoothie sans added sugar be sure to check the label (if using pre-made).

Try it out guys! What do you think? How about apple or pear butter?? Homemade peach jam? The possibilities are endless!




2 comments:

sara said...

I love pumpkin butter, but never thought of using it in a smoothie. Looks delicious!

A Vegan Food Snob said...

Pumpkin butter is one of my favorite things ever. Such a simple but perfect ingredient!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...