Wednesday, October 5, 2011

VeganMoFo - Pumpkin Spiced Hot Cocoa

What's better than taking a walk on a chilly fall night with a steamy cup of hot cocoa to keep you warm? Make it even more comforting spiked with pumpkin flavor and the perfect blend of fall spices.



Pumpkin Spiced Hot Cocoa

  • 1/4-1/2* cup Pumpkin Simple Syrup
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • Dandies marshmallows & cinnamon to garnish
In a small sauce pan, warm the pumpkin syrup and soy milk over medium heat. Whisk in the cocoa powder making sure there are no lumps.  Bring to a simmer but continue to whisk so that it does not scorch. Pour into a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon. I topped mine with Dandies marshmallows but I think Sweet & Sara's pumpkin spice mallows would make this drink extra special.

*I used only 1/4 cup of pumpkin and the flavor was subtle while the texture was very smooth and creamy. Use the bigger amount if you want more pumpkin taste.



6 comments:

panda with cookie said...

Hello new fall drink. Thanks for posting this!

coldandsleepy said...

I'm such a sucker for pumpkin anything, and dandies floating in hot pumpkin anything? Oh yes... sign me on. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

A Vegan Food Snob said...

Thanks for all the love!!
This drink is soo yummy! Enjoy!

Bonnie said...

I wish I had this right now! it looks so perfect and warming.

omgoshimvegan said...

This looks delicious! I am in heaven seeing this as I'm currently obsessed with pumpkin and LOVE chocolate. What a great idea.

Looks like a great drink for a rainy day.

A Vegan Food Snob said...

Wow, and to think... I thought no one would be interested in this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...