Saturday, October 8, 2011

VeganMoFo - Pumpkin Ginger Mimosa

Weekends for me, means brunch. All too often I find myself at Curly's, sipping a sangria, which I am perfectly happy with. However I'm itching to whip up a delicious fall brunch with pumpkin pancakes and waffles galore. Hellooo mimosa!

Pumpkin Ginger Mimosa

  • 5, 1/4" slices fresh ginger
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 cups water, divided
  • 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
  • champagne*, chilled  
In a small sauce pan, heat ginger slices, sugar and 1 cup water. Simmer over medium-low heat to extract all ginger flavor, about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh strainer and set in the fridge to chill. Meanwhile, when your ginger is simmering, mix the canned pumpkin with the remaining 1 cup of water and strain. When the ginger mixture is chilled, pour into the pumpkin mixture. Again, strain through a fine mesh strainer. The pumpkin will continue to settle, so just make sure you aren't going to get pumpkin chunks in your mimosa. Mix equal parts pumpkin ginger mixture with chilled champagne, and cheers!

*Sparkling cider or even San Pellegrino would make a fine substitute for champagne.



6 comments:

Heather @ Better With Veggies said...

What a creative twist on a mimosa - I think we actually have all the ingredients on hand today. Time to whip up a Pumpkin Ginger Mimosa!

A Vegan Food Snob said...

It's just too good not to! In fact, I think I'll make another...

TuxedoCat said...

This looks amazing! I absolutely love pumpkin and this gives me another great idea for its use. Thank you!

Sarah said...

I've never had a mimosa and I really need this.

A Vegan Food Snob said...

I actually don't even like traditional mimosas. But I love pumpkin and I love ginger, so yeah!

Louise said...

Oh wow, that sounds awesome! I love me some crazy drinks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...