Friday, October 7, 2011

VeganMoFo - Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate

Guess what? I found vegan white chocolate in Whole Foods. I did! I really did! It was pretty much a miracle. As far as I know, vegan white chocolate is hard to come by unless you order it online... which is fine, but if a white chocolate craving suddenly strikes who can wait around for delivery? This white chocolate is local to NY so I'm not sure what the availability is in other Whole Foods stores. Here's what it looks like...  


The caramel color comes from the coconut sugar and even though the chocolate isn't exactly white in color, it sure does taste like white chocolate. And it is soo good. 

The moment I found this I knew what I had to do with it... white hot chocolate. I've only had white hot chocolate once, ever. I remember it being sweet and delicious. Why not try to add some pumpkin to it?

Vegan Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
  • 2-3 oz. vegan white chocolate (I used 2 of these bars, which are 1.4 oz each)
  • 1 cup soy milk
  • 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
  • pumpkin pie spice, for dusting
In a small sauce pan, melt the chocolate in the soy milk over medium-low heat. Add the pumpkin and whisk to incorporate. Heat through just enough so the mixture is hot, but try not to let it bubble or it will start to caramelize and burn onto your pan. The mixture is thick so if you want a thinner drink add a bit more soy milk. Pour into a mug and dust the top with pumpkin pie spice. 




4 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

I am soooo jealous right now.

kip said...

Wow that sounds amazing! Vegan white Choc is a bit easier to come by in the UK so I think I might need to try this!

A Vegan Food Snob said...

This drink is totally worth ordering white chocolate online, if necessary. I think I like it better than the hot cocoa! Next time, I plan to thin it out a bit with more soy milk. MMMmmm...

Marlena Torres said...

All of these warm pumpkin drinks are making me very excited! haha! I'm definitely going to be trying this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...