Friday, October 14, 2011

VeganMoFo HUMP DAY

Today is VeganMoFo HUMP DAY!! That's right people, we're half way through! To celebrate here's a little something special from rad vegan performer Leslie Hall. She is sharing her unreleased song with all MoFo readers.

Before a few days ago, I actually hadn't heard of Leslie, but now I'm beginning to think that we went to college together (if you know where I went to college, well, you understand).


click above for the song


Here are the lyrics so you can follow along...


I eat the finest cuisines, in the finest of places.  
Stuff my mouth full and always say thank you.  
But if it's raised in a cage, and it can't even move, if it's hormone filled and in a bad mood.  
I'm gonna pass on that.  
Reach for something better.  
The only milk I'll drink comes from the 
nipple of a soy bean. 
Veggies make you live forever, and they seem to taste much better when they're cooked and grown with love.  
So give a chef who knows what's up a hug. 
Momma just can't seem to get it, Papa he just rolls his eyes. When I tell them I'm much healthier, they just say that it's all lies.  
But beans, nuts, fruits and veggies can really fill the belly.  
Get you vitamins you need, shiny hair and extra speed.  
Don't take that meat-wich any further, I want a marinated, deep fried, hand-tied mushroom burger.  
I like it!  
We gotta stand strong for our feathered furry sometimes scaly animal friends and their little babies.  
'Cuz I wouldn't want to live in a cage in a dark warehouse killed at an early age.  
Pumped full of hormones, sleeping in my feces.  
Never met my mother, raised by machines.  
Never get sunshine never get green, but that's just me.  
[That girl loves fruit leather.]  
So ask us what we're eating.  
Delicious and repeating, fruits and veggies are so nice.  
With a slice of tempeh,  yes, I'll have that twice.  
Don't forget the legumes!


Annnnd here's a bonus video for you...





Click here for the complete collection of Leslie Hall videos. Trust me, you want to.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...