Tuesday, October 4, 2011

VeganMoFo - Hot Pumpkin Cider

Well here I am racking my brain to come up with pumpkin drinks for y'all. On this cool, blustery fall day cider is the first thing that comes to mind. Doesn't get more fall-ish than cider.



Hot Pumpkin Cider
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 cups apple juice (I juiced about 4 apples. If you don't have a juicer, feel free to use your favorite apple juice or cider. Just make sure the only ingredient is... apples.)
  • 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves
Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Whisk over medium heat, bringing it up to a simmer. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Pour through a fine mesh strainer and drink immediately. (Note that if this drinks sits, the pumpkin will begin to separate.)

My 12 year old brother tasted it and said, "Oh, that's really good. It tastes like pie. I like it." But then added, "I think it would taste better cold, though."



3 comments:

omgoshimvegan said...

MMMMMMMMM!

Lisa Viger said...

Oh, this looks great!

celyn said...

Agree! This is a good idea! Bookmarking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...