Sunday, October 9, 2011

VeganMoFo - Apple Bellini

I'm taking a break from pumpkins today to bring you yet another autumn inspired brunch beverage. There was some major teamwork in the kitchen this morning. We could have fed the entire building with the amount of food we cooked up. Nonetheless, it was delicious and required a nap immediately after. As you know, no brunch is complete without a bubbly drink. Have a try at this one. A bellini is traditionally made with pureed or muddled peach. Here an apple replaces the peach for a little fall flair.

Apple Bellini
  • 1 medium size apple
  • Prosecco
  • cinnamon stick, for garnish
First you need to puree your apple. I just cut it into about 5 or 6 big pieces, put it in the food processor with a splash of water, and blend. I did not peel the skin, but you can choose to peel it if you want to. You'll need to really process it for a few minutes, it'll feel like too long, but don't worry. You want the apple as smooth as you can get it. (Alternatively, you can probably use applesauce.) You can strain your puree if you want to, but I did not. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of apple puree into a glass and fill with Prosecco. I like to keep a cinnamon stick in the glass as I drink because the scent reminds me of cider. 





3 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Awesome idea, it'd make a nice change from cranberry or raspberry & it's perfect for Autumn.

Carrie said...

Yum! Looks like a great idea to me!

A Vegan Food Snob said...

It's refreshing! I should mention I used a pretty tart apple, so my drink was pretty, "crisp". Next time I'll try a slightly sweeter apple.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...