Monday, February 28, 2011

Roasted Eggplant

Last night I posted about my pasta sauce, which we enjoy every Sunday. I had an eggplant floating around that needed to be used up so I decided to roast it up and toss it into my sauce. It's so easy, try it out!


Roasted Eggplant

  • 1 eggplant, any size
  • olive oil to coat
  • salt and pepper to taste


 Preheat Oven to 400ยบ.
First peel the eggplant, then slice it into rounds about 1/4" thick. Drizzle a little olive oil on a baking sheet and place eggplant on the sheet, giving each piece a quick rub in the oil. Then drizzle a tiny bit more oil on top of the eggplant. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place into oven for about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on yours to make sure the eggplant doesn't burn. After 10 minutes, flip the slices with tongs or a fork. Once they are done, simply add to your sauce and mix to incorporate throughout. Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...