Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Ok, Valentine's Day is made up and commercial, etc, etc. But I still like an excuse to make something fun and festive...

I started the morning off with heart shaped breakfast sandwiches. The omelette and "sausage" patty recipe come from the Happy Herbivore cookbook. The sausage patties are made with quinoa, and my are they delicious.  

I wasn't planning to make dinner being that we had so many leftovers from the night before, but I kept seeing one recipe pop up all over the place, and decided to go for it. Heart shaped, spinach filled ravioli floating in tomato sauce. YUM! Try this one out.



Finally, for dessert was my take on a classic Valentine's tradition. I set up a platter of strawberries, pineapple, banana slices, Dandies marshmallows, and mini strawberry cupcakes alongside chocolate fondue made in the crock pot. Everything was great but the chocolate hit the spot. We ate enough Dandies to make us sick. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...