Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Smoothies

I have this problem where I get home from work, I'm starving, and I end up either 1) eating an entire meal of leftovers, or 2) eat a loaf of bread. Then, later on when T gets home, I eat a meal again. Now you can see how this is a problem as I am pretty good about eating breakfast and lunch and a few snacks throughout the day at work. I am trying to remedy this snacking/premature dinner problem with smoothies.

My favorite smoothie combination is:

  • natural peanut butter (1-2 tablespoons)
  • 1 banana
  • ground flax seeds (2 tablespoons)
  • maca powder (1-2 teaspoons)
  • soy milk (1-2 cups)
More recently, I have been trying out green smoothies. I've made:

  • spinach (large handful)
  • pineapple (1 cup)
  • 1 banana
  • 1 carrot
  • ground flax seeds (2 tablespoons)
  • maca powder (1 teaspoon)
  • water (1/2 cup)
  • 5 ice cubes
It was good, but would have been great without the maca powder. 

Yet another combination I've tried is spinach/carrot/grapefruit/flax. Not my favorite, but I still finished it all. 

Stay tuned for my up and coming smoothie combinations. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...