Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 1 lb spinach - baby spinach is divine
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar (go ahead and sub agave if you wish)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil - I used olive, but you can use any neutral tasting oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion, minced - I love red onion here
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon vegan worcheshire sauce (you can sub soy sauce in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Combine all dressing ingredients (sugar through poppy seeds) and mix vigorously until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add strawberries to a mixing bowl or large container with a cover. Pour the dressing over strawberries and gently mix so that strawberries are completely covered. When ready to serve pour strawberries over spinach and toss.
Notes: If you don't want both sesame and poppy, it is perfectly fine to omit one.