Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chickpea Salad Sandwich

I have been sitting on this recipe for quite some time now, and have made it several times, so I thought maybe now I should share it. One of my favorite things to eat as a kid was tuna on a bagel. I loved the way my mom made it with little bits of cucumbers and then piled it up high on a toasted bagel. This is just the first of several tuna turned vegan recipes to come, so stay tuned.



Chickpea Salad Sandwich
  • 1 cup chickpeas
  • 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
  • 1/4 cup onion, diced
  • 1-2 tablespoons vegan mayo
  • 1-2 teaspoons kelp seasoning
  • sea salt & black pepper to taste
  • bagel/bread slices/pita/etc...

Place chickpeas in a food processor and gently (you don't
Pulsed chickpeas should look like this.
want hummus) pulse 15 times. If you don't have a food processor, you can mash them with a fork. In a small mixing bowl, combine chickpeas, onion, cucumber, mayo and seasonings. Place a heaping pile of chickpea salad onto your bread of choice, and devour.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...