Monday, April 18, 2011

Broiled Tofu

I've discovered my favorite way to cook tofu. It also happens to be probably the easiest and quickest. Hello broiler!

I used the recipe for Broiled Blackened Tofu from Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, the queen of vegan cookbooks. If you want the exact recipe, buy the book (it's totally worth it!) but what it is basically is thin tofu slices dredged in spices and broiled for about 12 minutes. I'd imagine you can use any spice mixture or marinade or sauce that strikes your fancy. 

What makes or breaks this tofu is the pressing. I usually do not press my tofu, but this time I decided I would. It really gives the tofu a great firm, chewy texture. So here is the complete meal... Broiled Blackened Tofu with Butternut Coconut Rice (minus the butternut), and Jerk Asparagus. T said it was the "best meal I've ever had!" Wow.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...