Wednesday, January 19, 2011

sweet treats

It's no secret, we like sweet things around here. I have 2 treats to tell you about today. First is, what else, but a cookie recipe, and the second banana bread.

I want to introduce you to my new favorite cookies. Carrot raisin spice chewies. These cookies are the perfect balance of healthy and sugar with a full dose of deliciousness. They take carrots, raisins, coconut, walnuts, flax seeds and spices combined with tons of sugar to make the most mouth watering sweet treat this side of the Mississippi (whatever that means). If you enjoy carrot cake, you will fall in love with these. The recipe is from my new bible, Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, by everyone's favorite dynamic duo, Moskowitz and Romero. I'm not posting the recipe because really you should just go out and buy this book already. Seriously.



Now, on to the banana bread. Sometime in the middle of today I had this craving for banana bread. But it wasn't just a craving. It was as if I had turned into a vegan zombie, roaming the streets in search of the perfect banana bread and eating every graiiiin (said in a zombie voice) in my path. Thank goodness for The PPK. Of course Isa would come to my rescue and save me from this zombie takeover. See here for the cure. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to enjoy my banana bread with a tall, frosty glass of soy milk.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...