So there I was, debating whipping up a batch of cookies at 10 p.m. I decided to make some granola instead, as I'd also been wanting cereal in the morning. It felt like a pretty good compromise.
Vanilla Almond Granola
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325˚F. In a large mixing bowl combine oats, almonds and coconut. In a separate small bowl, thoroughly combine melted Earth Balance, agave and vanilla. Pour wet mixture over oat mixture and mix well until oats are entirely coated. Spread mixture onto a baking sheet, bake 10 minutes. Mix, then bake another 10 minutes, until golden brown. Allow to cool completely so that oats can crisp up.