Thursday, December 23, 2010

Danielle('s) Snacks

Since it's the time of overindulgence, let's talk junk food. Gourmet junk food. And by junk food I mean chips. My all time favorite junk food snack. I prefer the sea salt kettle chips, but a close second are the Terra Chips Sweets and Beets.
Danielle Snacks

Tonight while shopping in Marshall's I stumbled upon the "Danielle" royal sweet potato chips. I examined the package making sure the expiration date was okay (2012), and promptly made my purchase.

These really came in handy when I was suddenly starving and waiting for my aunt and grandmother in the middle of the mall. I tore open the package and dove in. Inside were delicious, crunchy, sweet little pieces of heaven in a bag.

What I loved other than the sweet and slightly savory taste was the thicker cut of these chips. It made them extra crunchy and actually quite filling. Still, this didn't stop me from devouring the whole (2 oz.) bag in a matter of seconds.
Only 2 ingredients, fresh royal sweet potatoes & non-hydrogenated palm oil and a surprisingly low amount of sodium (10 mg), for chips. Not to mention, these were a steal at half the price you would pay at a specialty shop, or even Whole Foods.

I also found a bag of banana chips, but historically I've never liked banana chips, so I passed on those... for now. However, I happen to know there is a bag of the roasted coconut chips waiting for me in my stocking...
I definitely cannot wait to try all of the flavors, and just might splurge and pick up a few bags on my next trip to Whole Foods...

Coming up after Christmas- kitchen appliances, my pantry staples, a few words on the word "vegan" and my Sunday tradition of macaroni and gravy (otherwise known as, sauce). 

1 comment:

Danielle said...

UPDATE: The roasted coconut chips are AMAZING! My favorite so far...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...