Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tofu Ricotta

I love(d) ricotta cheese. One of my favorite ways to enjoy it was with a sprinkle of sugar mixed in, on top of a big bowl of pasta. Those days are behind me but when a dish calls for a creamy ricotta like ingredient, it's easy to substitute with a quick homemade tofu ricotta. Here is how I make mine...

Tofu Ricotta
  • 1 block firm tofu
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Crumble the tofu into a bowl. (Tip: I use a potato masher to mash the tofu.) Your tofu should have the consistency of ricotta cheese (duh). Mix in the spices until completely combined. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...