Thursday, March 10, 2011

Banana Cupcakes w/ Almond Buttercream

I'm sure you're wondering why I would make the same cupcake twice. Well, frankly, I couldn't decide which combination I wanted in the first place. Banana cake or almond butter cake? I just knew that I wanted banana and almond butter in cupcake form. So I went ahead and made 2 batches of cupcakes with opposite cake/frosting combinations. In the end I couldn't decide which ones I actually liked better! So I'll let you all be the judge.


Banana Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 bananas
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar or sucanat
Preheat oven to 375ยบ F. Line/grease cupcake pan/muffin tin.
Combine flour baking powder & soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, cream bananas. Add oil, almond milk, vanilla and sugar. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, combine well. Pour into cupcake pan and bake for about 16 minutes.

Almond Butter Frosting
  • 1/2 cup Earth Balance margarine
  • 1/4 cup almond butter
  • 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar
With a hand mixer or stand mixer cream together Earth Balance and almond butter. Slowly add sugar a little at a time. You might not need the full 1/2 cup, so keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...